Proven performance calcium grease
Texclad 2 is a proven performance water stabilised calcium grease. It contains solid graphite and molybdenum disulfide additives which promote reliable wear protection in heavy duty operations. It is blackish in colour and has a smooth, buttery texture.
Texclad 2 is generally recommended for use on fifth wheels, open gears of construction machinery, ball mill gears and large enclosed spur gears where oil leakage is a problem.
Other specific applications are:
- Forklift truck rails and drive wheel gears
- Slipper drives in steel mills
- Jacking legs on offshore drilling rigs
- Cutting heads and buckets in dredging
- Travelling water screens
- Exposed gears in construction, mining and industrial equipment
- Dipper sticks on excavating shovels
- Automotive fifth wheels (tractor-trailer turntables)
- Steel girth gears (girth tires) on rotary kilns and crushing mills
- Sugar mill plain bearings, where fluid lubricants show a tendency to leak
- Marine wire ropes
Texclad 2 can also be used at higher temperatures than +60°C in special cases, where the carrier grease is thermally decomposed leaving solid mineral additives to afford lubrication. In this case, approximately 22% graphite and 3% MoS2 will remain.
- Robust, durable oil film and solid lubricants promote protection under heavy duty and extreme load carrying conditions
- Offers reliable adhesion in open gears and protects at temperatures down to 0°C, offering resistance to flaking and lumping
- Tough, durable film aids wear and water washout protection
- Bitumen-free formulation helps protect the environment
- DIN 51 502
- ISO 6743-09